Sorry I’ve been absent for a week but Kathleen was here for a visit!
Let’s pick up where I left off—my quest for God.
By the end of my last blog, I had a new journey in mind. Although today, campaign seems a lot better choice of word than journey. According to my small but trusty American Heritage Dictionary (when you live in a condo, spiffy as it may be, everything has to be small), campaign means (among other things) an organized operation to accomplish a purpose. For me, getting to know God required a really organized operation let me tell you! (Dear reader, the purpose of the next few blogs is to make this organized operation much easier for YOU! Please feel free to let these findings be your guide as you see fit. Or not.)
Campaign can also mean a series of military operations undertaken to achieve a large scale objective during a war (for me a war on ignorance). And every good soldier knows that a good campaign always-but-always is preceded by a proper period of mobilization prior to deployment.
So mobilize I did, starting with marshaling my forces (also a campaign term – ask Gaius Julius Caesar about how busy marshaling forces kept him!)
I needed management!
I needed materials!
I needed methods!
The management part needed was obvious. All the while that I talk to you about my spiritual odyssey I was still doing tons of other stuff, too, you know, though it may not seem like it—like running a house, doing errands, orchestrating events, being an aide at Kathleen’s school, writing a book, enjoying-enjoying-enjoying my husband who is the best part of every day, bathing the dog, weeding the garden, volunteering, taking aerobics, weight training, Christian Yoga, shopping, need I say more? Woohoo! And that meant I needed superior management and superior scheduling to combine all these efforts plus include a new campaign. That superior effort came (What a blessing!) from my husband who routinely helped me project, re-project and integrate all my multiple goals, objectives and undertakings. He is a maestro of orchestrating messes!
On the other hand, though, the materials and methods I needed to acquire required a more piecemeal approach.
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment