Tuesday, September 14, 2010

137 Love Free Floating!


Meaning:conveying a significance that is not directly expressed . . .”

More from Sweet Spirit!

Sweet Spirit: If I classify something as meaningless, is it ever beneficial to attach meaning to it?

Me: As I have said before, for the believer, even if stubbornly elusive, everything in life has meaning, to a greater or lesser degree, with God and eternal relationship with Him the first and foremost meaning and calling.

Therefore, discovering and relating to meaning is always valid to some degree though (after respect to our first calling to relationship with God) it is an operation best undertaken with some kind of prioritizing, due to the demands time, living and preference places upon us all.

For me, it is my preference to make regular time in my active life to read scripture daily, to keep my mind in line with God’s superior prioritizing—such as where Scripture says, “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you (Matthew 6:33, NKJV)”—and then do whatever else I meaningfully can.

Also, if something meaningless to one is important to someone else and they are asking one to help them process it, their need may outweigh one’s preference. Remember, though, all things have meaning be it positive or negative and God wants us to dwell on the positive (Phillipians 4:8) to the exclusion of the negative. When in the company of one who at every encounter is always exhibiting negative thinking, remember that such a habit will be very difficult for that person to break. Without actively seeking Holy Spirit power to reshape thinking, negative habits are always difficult to interrupt and replace with the positive.

Sweet Spirit: Is it beneficial to attempt to find meaning in subjects one considers meaningless?

Me: Once again, if the subject becomes a priority for some reason or the other, one may certainly endeavor to look for significant meaning for oneself or others in it.

In other words, I do not routinely attempt to “invent” meaning for anything, much less things I consider of very little meaning.

Rather, let me put it this way, I invest effort in embracing relevant meaning for important concerns, and I do that by embracing the meanings carefully presented in Scripture, and by channeling my efforts and prayers toward understanding what Scripture presents.

I rarely will lavish any amount of time on something of little meaning to me, unless it is for the good of the family.

Time, Dear Reader! Time! Everything takes time!

Sweet Spirit: Is that activity productive?

Me: I have never been disappointed (over time) by meaningful pursuits of meaningful subjects, or even with subjects that at one time had no apparent meaning to me but for some reason “jumped fence,” so to speak, into the meaningful category.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment