Meaning: “conveying a significance that is not directly expressed . . .”
To measure meaningfulness, Thoughtful Reader, I accepted the challenges of meaning-making and went to Scripture for answers. Using Scripture, I employed the discovery methods I have bountifully described in blogs past: I embraced complexity. I went adventuring. I became a super-sleuth and threw myself into ardent seeking. And came up with the following general criterion to create a list of superior standards or meaning must-haves to order my thinking, to give me solid rock thinking. I do not claim that this is the only list possible or even in any way exhaustive, but at this point in my development it is what I find most useful in determining right meaning and now it is mine forever—worth the work!
12 Meaning Must-haves:
Clarity
Reasonableness
Faith Base
Humanity
Virtue
Rewards
Pragmatism
Validity
Durability
Quality
Value
Timelessness
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment