Friday, December 2, 2011

207 Seasons in our Journey


Montage Thinking: Significant Truth #3 would have to be relationships with an introduction by way of people and with sub-themes such as thought, feeling, choice, communication . . . and destiny! Just to mention a few—all presented by drawing on and combining with Significant Truth #1: God, #2: Meaning and #4: Mind—Being & Doing (Blog #186,193).

In Montage Thinking, multiple themes often weave together making complex images. Thus, as well as a journey with destinations, I also invite you to participate with me along the way in seasons of our Journey. Even now, Gentle Reader, it is the Season of Advent, the Season of Gift-Giving. It is during this Season that the Lord God Almighty established His dedication to the giving of gifts that keep on giving, bringing to our world, in the flesh, a newborn babe of eternal significance. And thus, it is during this Season that we, the sons and daughters of God, anticipate with yearning that royal birth of that baby—the Baby Jesus—the Son of God, God With Us.

During this time the hearts of Christian believers fill to overflowing with gratitude and joy. We savor inwardly the understanding that our dear Heavenly Father gave us His only Son to save us from sin and death, to endow us forever with reason for lasting joy, to declare the promise of abundant life and life everlasting! As we decorate church and grounds, every bright red bow hung on a church maple and dusted with sparkling glitter prompts us, calls us, urges us with fluttering merriment to let go and rejoice in the birth of this blessed babe . . . to celebrate the Father’s magnificent gift!

Individually, we also prepare gifts and exchange them with one another in imitation of the Father’s acts of offering gifts that keep on giving. Actually, those gifts can be of many kinds, but for me I am most drawn to gifts of encouragement—helps and mercies, as I call them.

And so to you, my Dear Reader, this year I offer over the next several blogs a sprinkling of small gifts of encouragement meant to be gifts that keep on giving. With that said, I deliver my first gift, the great gift of 30 Life Principles given to us by Dr. Charles Stanley, Pastor of First Baptist Church, Atlanta, GA. These models of Principled Thinking, as I think of them, I believe to be trustworthy and true and they make a fast underpinning for any person yearning for right orientation to the Principled Life. It matters not what denomination one prefers, these principles are meant to serve one and all.

So, here is the first of my Gifts That Keeps On Giving:

http://www.intouch.org/resources/30-life-principles

I hope you find these principles as awesome as I do. Joyeux Noel!

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment