Tuesday, August 6, 2013

427 Moving On



As I close out this blog of my Great Sort-Out, I ask you to remember, Gentle Reader, replacing evil with good is a big job. So I won’t tell you the job is over for me, or ever will be in this life. I still must temper my responses regularly and will have to throughout the rest of my life. But tempering my behavior is a skill, and I am developing it under the indwelling influence of the person of The Holy Spirit (as are all believers) in whom I am sealed until the day of my redemption. Praise the Lord!

As with all grace—grace so amazing—with each success in coming into step with The Holy Spirit, de-cluttering my Montage Thinking becomes more and more of a reality. With this growing ability to unclutter, I am beginning to experience a growing ability to generalize the practice to other behaviors, in other categories—such as embracing virtue over vice, self-control over self-indulgence, seriousness over silliness, thoughtfulness over the inane. I am making good use of my time, thanks be to God! On my own, it never would have happened.

I assure you I am truly in the midst of an extreme makeover, Gentle Reader, the pace picking up in my walk with Jesus even as I aspire to live life here as He lived it. It is a daily workout to consciously choose love to replace hate; patience to replace irritability; calm to replace anxiety; trust to replace any doubt in Him, the Father and the Holy Spirit; joy to replace sorrow; anticipation of being homeward bound to replace dread of sickness and dying; compassion to replace indifference; and so much, much more!

My sort-out will continue, Gentle Reader. You can count on frequently finding me hard at it. My cluttered Montage Thinking is being reshaped by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is restoring my soul. And the Holy Father, Abba, is increasing my faith. And I know that because of Jesus I am forever safe in the hands of the Great Three-In-One God: The Holy Trinity. 

Sorting It All Out http://choiceinthought.blogspot.com/


And now, let me invite you to stay with me, Gentle Reader!  There’s always more to come in a Spiritual Odyssey! Be a fellow traveler as I move to a new blog address for a new adventure in thinking: Putting It All Together — A New Take on Life!  To connect, click the link below and you’ll be there:

No comments:

Post a Comment