Thursday, January 14, 2010

71 More on the Map

Since these pictures of mine do not blog with great clarity, I decided to lift the words off the picture and submit them to you separately. You see, gentle reader, I found the chapter and verse references practically illegible even with a magnifying glass. And, well, I could not just leave matters like that. Exploring the references with the map graphic is the great experience of this journey of discovery, depicted by the map. But as an extra, I'm also going to go ahead and include the verses themselves. There's nothing like the power of the word to call a new year into focus.

Remember! When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.

Diagram #1: Simple Model Elohim

A. Person: Invisible Self (IS)

Exodus 3:14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." and He said, "thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the last; Besides Me there is no God.'"

B. Person: (IS)--*Mind, **Products: Ideas, Designs, etc.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that we may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Romans 11:34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?"

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.


Map

Consciousness
  • Awareness
  • Perception
Seat of Consciousness
  • Mind*: Faculties, Operations, Products**
Seat of Mind
  • Soul:
Proverbs 10:3 The Lord will not allow the righteous soul to famish. But He casts away the desire of the wicked.

Luke 21:19 By your patience, possess your souls.

Features of Soul
  1. Mind
  2. Emotion
  3. Will
  4. Life
  5. Personality
Seat of Soul
  • Spirit:
Genesis 1:2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Seat of Spirit
  • Name:
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:15-17 He (Christ Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Seat of Name
  • Works:
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment