Tuesday, April 20, 2010

98 “The Good Life”


Remember! When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.

Before we move on to Spirit, I think it is important to conclude a few things about life in the Godhead and in general, fellow tour companion. Most remarkable is the fact that without life we have nothing at all. Life is the all-time awesome condition made possible solely by the Godhead.

Agreed? In my imagination, I’m hearing great choruses of “Agreed!”

As Jesus says, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life (zoe) and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:10).”

Now it is relevant to point out that a short definition of zoe can be stated simply as “the good life.” Interestingly, when the world speaks of “the good life,” it means the comfortable, well-off, self-centered, self-serving, self-indulgent, privileged life. When “the good life” is used descriptively of what God lives and what God recommends, it means quite the opposite. It means that pure goodness in all things is an indispensible part of life. It means that goodness is necessary to living. It means zoe.

As we saw in our tour of emotion in the soul, gentle tour companion, Jesus in His pure goodness is our very present and Great Consolation in this life on earth and He is our future life in the Greater Glory.

Jesus is very clear on this subject. He says explicitly, “I am the resurrection and the life (zoe). He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And he who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? John 11:25-26

Well, for me, attentive reader, the answer is a whole-hearted yes! Yes, I believe in the living, pure goodness of Jesus of Nazareth and what He says, and, yes, I desire this life (zoe} He personifies.

My choice.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment