Wednesday, November 24, 2010

154 On Thanksgiving: The Big Picture!

Meaning:conveying a significance that is not directly expressed . . .”

It is not extravagant for me to say, Thoughtful Reader, that God’s restoration, the good that comes out of relationship with Him, is a magnificent tapestry woven of God’s glorious work, promises and rewards. His intention to supply all our need (Philippians 4:19, NKJV) was formed even before time began. Knowing the drama of the fall that would wreck Creation and humanity, God, with total commitment, purposed upon a campaign of restoration intended to culminate in remaking the world and humankind for life eternal in a perfect city, in a perfect world, as perfect citizens.

This purpose is truly a sublime adventure and when I pause long enough to see the forest for the trees, so to speak, in my sublime adventure with God, this is what I see. Only by becoming greatly familiar with Scripture and embracing what I find there have I been able to allow all this exploring to bring me to a great awakening to God’s plans and purposes for the believer in the great adventure of restoration.

Do you see what I am saying?

Believers (new creatures in Christ Jesus) are destined for citizenship in the new Creation under Jesus as the Commander-in-Chief.

This is the big picture!

I frequently ask myself, how anyone could want to decline participation in this most sublime of all adventures—God’s restorative adventure— at work even now? This meaningful adventure has captured my imagination, demands my respect and is worthy in return from me no less than total personal commitment.

By Scripture’s standards (and therefore mine), God’s restorative adventure, all made possible by the work of Jesus Christ, is the best and most beautiful significance that is not directly expressed (meaning) in life available to humanity. This restorative adventure means, Gentle Reader, ongoing life and relationships as they were always meant to be, with God and each other. How I thank God for this understanding!

And, in truth, what better time than now, Thanksgiving 2010, to thank and bless the Lord and His Holy Name and “forget not all His benefits (Psalm 103:1-2, NKJV)”?

On this joyful feast day in 1621, Christian Pilgrims gave thanks to God after their first harvest for bringing them safely through their year in America, the New World.

And on this joyful feast day of November 25, 2010, today’s Christian Pilgrims, me-and-mine and you-and-yours, Gentle Reader, can at the very least also give thanks to God at this time of harvest for bringing us safely through another year in America, the New World.

I’m sure Thanksgiving then was no more perfect than now, Thoughtful Reader. People were exhausted with preparations, there was a huge crowd to feed and please. It was hectic. But then as now it was also a precious time, a time made awesome by remembering the big picture—remembering the sprawling masterpiece of unending adventure that has Jesus at the very heart of it—and celebrating that we have God's great blessings for which to be thankful!

So I wish you the Happiest of Thanksgivings, Gentle Reader, and may God’s blessings always enrich your life.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment