Tuesday, June 14, 2011

183 Reasons Why


Meaning:conveying a significance that is not directly expressed . . .”

I have asked myself recently, Dear Reader, why meaning so singled itself out as significant in my life. I think now it is several reasons.

One, is the definition itself: Significance not directly expressed. I did not want to miss anything significant.

Simple enough.

Life has always been a feast of impressions and sensations for me, no detail too small. But that said, I frequently “missed the point” on many important things. Right over the head it went. And as I grew increasingly conscious of gaps in my perceptions—my thinking and doing—I grew increasingly focused on addressing those gaps. Yet, simple as the solution seemed, it was not.

Therefore number two, Dear Reader, I have spent a lifetime trying to meaningfully fill in those gaps.

And I still am in patch mode.

Thankfully, once I turned the process over to Jesus, to accomplish it for me, the pace of the job dramatically accelerated and the result, in terms of inner relief from the responsibility to get every meaning on my own, is miraculous.

And the results of Jesus’ craft in my thinking, my understanding, my life are simply splendid.

Bursts of unfamiliar sensations of comprehension, and moments of warm and sympathetic understanding of and insight into the concerns of others, add great color and energy to my acts of daily living. It’s sensational—great rewards, among many, for investing in Jesus—and I would heartily recommend Jesus as the solution to one and all. Such a relationship would be a profitable joy for you. It certainly is for me.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment