Now, Gentle Reader, if you’re read up in this blog (have actually read most of it, I mean), you are now in for a treat!
Since I have already established (last blog) that people are little I ams, you get to draw on your knowledge of God as “The Great I AM” (Explored in the first 110 or so blogs at this website!) to understand us “little I ams.”
Things we will now discuss (in a greatly abbreviated form) about little I ams will make so much sense. And what you know about God will explain so much.
If you have not invested in much past reading on this blog site, let me give you a thumbnail sketch of what we covered about God in past blogs.
Most pertinently, the pivotal truth about God has and always will be that
He is the Great I AM.
As the Great I AM, He is a consummate spiritual being of 3 persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) in One (The Triune God), who exhibits an absolute set of characteristics named as follows:
Consciousness (awareness),
Soul
(mind [complete with faculties and operations], emotion, will, personality and life),
Spirit (power),
Name (identity)
and
Works (actions).
As a spiritual being, God has no carbon-based life form (body or brain) until the Incarnation of the Son (The Word) in human flesh.
He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, sovereign, eternal, and the Creator. Only God can bara (Hebrew verb, to create out of nothing).
This is a very succinct overview, Dear Reader. I offer it to you only as a starting point and urge you to read and enjoy any blogs about God as Significant Truth #1 you may have missed.
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment