Friday, November 4, 2011

202 A Journey of Understanding


There are a number of additional aspects to relationship yet to be covered; and we will, later on; but it is relevant at this juncture, Gentle Reader, to recall to your attention my original purpose in writing this blog—it was to be a sort-out; an expression of the far flung odyssey or spiritual path that prominently emerged over the course of my life and continues even now, due to my predisposition to quest for the significant in life and, principally, God’s mercy on a wayward soul.

In order to sort out what was or was not significant in my life, I began this quest by looking through the poorly organized relics of my past; collected, as I so delicately indicated early in my writing, in the attic of my head. There I selected single-mindedly for the significant, preserving such things in good order and letting go of the rest. My hope was and is that by discarding the irrelevant, I make way in my life for expansion of the relevant—in other times, this little sort-out of mine would have been called leading a self-examined life.

Oddly, I have found that something unsuspected must regularly continue in any sort-out of thinking or pursuit of the significant—one must continue to take in an ample supply of ongoing superior thinking, allow it to mature in the mind, merge with previous thinking and prove or disprove itself jointly with any incumbent history. (In other words, I can’t stay frozen in the past on any subject.) Only then may I elect to either preserve or reject either the new or old. This means therefore that the work of the quest must routinely involve not only what has already been accumulated over the years but the steady stream of additional material I keep adding. It’s a big process!

As a result, I have crafted conscious solutions to handling big undertakings. Primary among those solutions is coping by way of self-discipline and the practice of presenting an orderly array of what I discover in writing. Such solutions make my odyssey fruitful to me and to any who travel with me whether briefly or for a longer duration on my journey of understanding.

If you recall, my sort-out early took on the orderly routine of selecting a few categories that resonated with me, evaluating their significance then placing them in order of importance to me—that led to Significant Truths #1-4: God, Meaning, Relationship, and Mind: Being and Doing. Then the shared components of being and doing in each category began to prompt me to link them together, looking at relationship by way of exploring the subject of people and how they are modeled on and experience the Significant Truths of God, Meaning, Relationship, and Being and Doing. Such exploration began to suggest sub-themes, two of which are communication and even destiny, but there are more. ( Blog #186)

The upshot? I discovered that I would have to discuss them all in sort of a montage approach.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment