I am hoping that by now, Gentle Reader, you may be beginning
to see a bit of the great benefit of immersion in the Life-Giving Lets of Scripture. Perhaps you are even glimpsing the
possibilities of immersion in all of
Scripture.
Trusting Reader, you can believe me when I say, I need—people
need— a lot of Bible immersion.
There’s a lot there!
A lot to learn!
A lot of
benefit!
Of course, I may need immersion in Scripture more than most.
I’m like Governor Rick Perry— I can forget things at THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME! And
only staying engrossed in Scripture keeps me brimming with the Word and not
just my own opinion.
Paul the Apostle uses the word “learn” repeatedly.
According to his Holy Spirit influenced thinking, being educated in the Word is indispensable.
Now, I heartily agree with that. Oh, there are such things as bona fide common sense, intuitive
understanding, and logical reasoning, among other substantial mental processes;
but, in general, isn’t it more than fair to say that it is mere opinion one
hears when one is not listening to someone well educated in a subject?
One must know one’s subject, after all.
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment