Wednesday, June 17, 2009

14 Person in the Godhead: A Glimpse

Hello again, dear readers. Sorry I've been gone so long, but I took sick leave. I had the allergy-with-piggy-back-virus-and-secondary-infection-with-antibiotics sort of thing. Yuk. But that aside, there is something else I want to say.

I can’t get on with the blog without saying, no, without pointing out that all, but all, of this spiritual odyssey has been undertaken with beaucoup prayer. That means that the Holy Spirit steadied me through all of this and elucidated all my thinking. The credit for this sort-out goes all to Him. Any blame goes all to me.

Also please note: When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.

Now, I shared with you in the last blog how I found through research that zoe or the spirit-mind connection resides in the non-corporeal form (and later in the corporeal form, also) of person in the Triune, whether as one-of-three or three-in-one. And how I found that person can be defined generally as “an individual of specified character”. To me, these were tremendously encouraging insights at this point in my spiritual odyssey! My pursuit of knowing God was giving me something that immediately resonated deeply with me.

I see now that probably to any onlooker these discoveries were simple things, but to me each came with a halo effect (is the best way I can describe it). Each insight came with an extra energy that emanated from each, emanated with an energy that stayed and stayed and still stays with me to this day—a supernatural energy. Explain that, if you can, I cannot, except to say that sometimes, from the corner of my eye, I get glimpses of the truth and this is one of them—God in each case allowed and transmitted staying power to accompany each insight. After years of questioning this effect, I now accept it as truth and I live and function and daily prosper in it—in fact, cherish the halo effect. But even then, though unclear why, I at the very least enjoyed the effect! So, on with the story.

I was now interested in what was the specified character or what were the specific aspects of person in the Godhead. And, on my own, I couldn’t think of any. And feeling profoundly clueless at that point, I prayed for guidance then restlessly fished around in my mind for some sort of sign from God as to where-to-next.

Gratifyingly enough, I immediately recalled an “aha” moment from a while past when I had happened to notice, though just in passing (during one of my many read-throughs of the Bible), that Biblical terms referring to God had an ongoing and consistent pattern of repetition to them throughout Old and New Testament. Unfortunately, just exactly what were those most oft-used terms did not also spring to mind. But, in general, I felt sure that I was remembering rightly that Hebrew thought as recorded in God-breathed scripture saw the spirit-mind of God as a site of very specific intangible aspects and spoke of them repeatedly. So I decided to try to pull together a sample of those aspects and see what they looked like. Here is the gist of what I found once I started looking!

My perusal produced an amazing harvest actually!

But what riveted me first and foremost was the idea of consciousness and the Godhead, which persistently kept reappearing (specifics about this in later blogs). It was as if God was telling me things about Himself and this is what He wanted me to know and know first. What fascinated me most was that I had never really grasped how frequent or significant a claim this consciousness was that scripture made —that is that the Godhead demonstrates consciousness. Where had my head been all these years, I wondered? (Answer, dear reader, in a beauty salon under a hair dryer, of course!) Yes, what stood out most to me as I pursued my review of scripture was how chief among the several aspects I found consciousness to be—a person of the Godhead was consistently pictured as first, last, and always a conscious being.

Actually, scripture pictured consciousness as the epicenter (as I call it) of person in the Godhead. Scripture also described repeatedly how this epicenter of person in the Godhead exists independent of any material construct (such as a computer, or a brain). That’s a big thought! Toss that one around a bit. I did!

So I followed where the Spirit led and right then and there chose consciousness as the primary aspect of the character of God! Then I drew a simple diagram of this epicenter idea using a circle (also a symbol for eternity) occupied by a starburst to represent the consciousness. And I liked my little drawing. P.S. I still love this diagram! To me, it conveys so much. And I consider it a precious glimpse of person in the Godhead.


To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment