Back to my spiritual odyssey. Where was I? Oh, yes—ready to return to the idea of the invisible self we began in Blog #15.
Hmmmmmm. Looks conclusive to me.
The invisible self, vital orb, epicenter of being, whatever you most like to call it (I’m going to use the term invisible self a lot from now on, though), plays a huge part in the separate or united being of person in the Godhead, don’t you agree? And the mind, though certainly not in a stand-alone way, is a grand power feature of that Godhead person or persons and the platform for His/their being and doing.
Okay then, granting that God’s mind is really something special, perfectly crafted to perform mental gymnastics for His consciousness when empowered by His Spirit to do so, let’s further expand our understanding of the fullness of person in the Godhead.
Did I hear someone say, “Go for it!”? I believe I did. So . . .
Back to Elohim! A thumbnail review reminds us that in Elohim, we have 3 separate persons in the Trinity collectively forming one invisible self, the Godhead. Let’s compare that one invisible self of the Godhead to something we know well—the sun and sunshine. Have you ever noticed the grand statement the sun makes in the sky occasionally when atmospheric conditions are just right and great broad rays can be seen streaming out of that golden globe? It is an awesome sight to see, isn’t it? Well, that’s how I see the Godhead, and the persons of the Trinity emanating separately from it. The Godhead is like the sun and the persons of the Triune are like 3 proceeding rays of the sun.
I cherish this mental picture. It combines what I think of as the most piercingly beautiful sight in the world—that sun and the streaming rays of light proceeding from it, with what I also consider to be the most majestic crowning actuality in life—the Godhead and its proceeding Triune.
And just as sun rays are separate and apart from the sun but always of the sun, so too the persons of the Godhead are separate and apart from the Godhead but always of the Godhead! Are you with me on this, my valued reader? Just checking.
To continue. To amplify our review, as I have said often enough before, each person of the Triune is capable of being one invisible self or, in reverse, of being one 3-in-one person. In other words, each invisible self is capable of separate and/or joint interplay—just like the rays of the sun we just visualized. Obviously, it was time for me, if not for you, to see a model of person in the Godhead, a model based on the sun and sun rays, of course. So, of course, paper and pencil in hand I feverishly put together another sketch. And there above to your right is the final result—a great illustration of my sun and sun rays idea. Thank you, Holy Spirit!
But the Godhead and triune exceed the limitations of the example of sunrays and sun by the very grandeur of their nature. The Godhead is life. The Godhead is volitional being. The Godhead is the overarching, the pinnacle reality of existence and experience. Consider how each invisible self of the Godhead is capable of intimate interaction! Consider how each is capable of communication and association with the other! Consider the power the Godhead possesses—unlimited! Have I made my point? I hope so because, guess what! The Godhead, The Triune is one valid and grand way to describe the pattern of God’s existence, the terrain of His being—an invisible self, capable of one-mind with other selves, being-and-doing separately and in relationships. With works to follow! Let's hear cries of awe and wonder! Don’t you agree?
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment