Thursday, December 3, 2009

60 The Relevance of God’s Will: Accountability through Right Practice

Remember! When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.

The progression of the process of forgiveness continues by identifying step-wise methods to forgiveness and for the maintenance of the forgiven state. These elements or practices of Justice that God is naturally big on are as strange to our fallen and worldly-saturated minds as is the truth that forgiveness is an act of the Will motivated by God’s dedication to Pure Goodness, and is not an emotion-driven practice.

Think of it this way, very gentle tour companion, just as God wills practice of a step-wise forgiveness process—repentance: acknowledgement of wrong, apology for wrong, formal request for forgiveness, abandoning wrong, adopting right—He also wills other practices, such as His Will for a specific, regular sin-cleansing process to maintain the benefits of the forgiven state (mentioned in last blog).

But let’s move on to the practices He requires (Wills, wants to happen). In the process of the “ingratitude versus appreciation” cluster, let’s take on a discovery of the appreciation process.

Appreciation as an act of the Will in the Godhead’s Justice System involves a methodical process led off by what I call the general directive of “Give credit where credit is due” which I lauded in Blog # 56. Jesus conscientiously practiced broad appreciation of and co-operation with the Father and further practiced consistent deferral to His Will in all things. He withheld nothing from the Father, desiring to gladly share all, at all times, with the Father.

Matthew 6:10 “Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven.”

John 5:30 “I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of My Father who sent Me.”

John 6:38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent me.”

John 7:16, 17 “Jesus answered them and said, ‘My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on my own authority. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.’”

Luke 22:42 . . .”Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will but Yours, be done.”

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment