Remember! When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.
Let’s see, where was I? It’s not easy to type on a blog with one hand and wrap Christmas presents with the other (so to speak). Oh yes, I remember.
I was putting together a thought on the truth that one is to appreciate the Gift Giver and what I wanted to say next was: The truth that one is to appreciate the Gift Giver for benefit enjoyed leads to another truth.
And that truth is that truth itself now appears as a subject merged with God’s Will.
Truth emerges as a function of Will and is the absolute statement of what God in His great goodness chooses to Will, approves of, and desires.
The definition of truth is derived from what the Father in His divine goodness most values. Thus Jesus embodied truth and rightly could say of Himself, “I am the way, the truth (aletheia) and the life (John 14:6).”
Definition: Greek noun, aletheia, Strong’s # 225) “the meaning is not merely ethical truth but truth in all its fullness and scope, as embodied in Him (Jesus); He was the perfect expression of the truth (Vine’s, p. 645).” General definition: Elements of being, thought and behavior that conform to a reality ruled by the divine standards of the Godhead.
What the Godhead willed to be in the community of the Godhead foreshadowed many of humankind’s truths and right practices in relation to the Godhead and one another. For example, let’s briefly consider the judge, advocate, adversary process.
In dealing with humankind, the Father is the judge.
The Son is the advocate. The Son seeks exoneration from all charges and guilt held against humankind and makes personal sacrifice to assure that condition.
Satan is the adversary. Satan strives to charge guilt to and condemn humankind for that guilt.
America’s judge, advocate, adversarial process is modeled after this great Judeo-Christian concept conveyed to humankind through God’s relationship with Israel and Jesus’ advent as the sacrificial “Lamb of God”.
In fact, God’s Pure Goodness and rule of justice shows all over America.
Consider this example. Richard and I were at the beach the other day and stopped at a stoplight in a small town, Florida community. It was morning and the traffic quiet. I said to Richard, what is it that people do not like about our government? Look at this picture-perfect little town. It’s civilized, there is peace and domestic tranquility. Orderly arrangements of seasonal decoration line the streets with charm. The town is regularly policed and protected. People comfortably go about their own business and life is grounded in good for the citizens. Children migrate daily to schools that hope to get their interest and make them better people. An army of sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, neighbors train to protect and defend our way of life and our beautiful country with all its plentiful resources. Public servants from federal, state and city and county local employees to volunteers, to medical, legal, architectural, scientific, historical, and so on, by and large all hope to serve the public good and to inspire succeeding generations to follow in the same pursuits. We live in an orderly, reasonable country. In fact, we live in a country where order and reason are expected to reign.
Richard pointed to the power that wickedness and lawlessness in high places in American business and government and how they taint our opinions of the American way of life and undermine the strength of our country. Well, he’s right about that! I’m sure you as readers can think of other relevant factors, too. But I think we should never miss the beauty of the ongoing American story either.
In other words, I think the benefits of our good government as patterned by God’s ways and truths are obvious any time one stops and notices (give credit where credit is due). And the idea of a life, especially the American way of life, based on truth (though certainly not perfectly accomplished) comes from whom, dear reader? From the community of the Godhead (again, I give credit where credit is due) through our forefathers and our people. And I am glad and grateful that God’s value system, His truth, is still the reigning order and blueprint for the American way of life. That life is a great gift to us all and the truth is I hope we will always cherish and defend it and give God all credit for it.
Remember, dear sincere reader, in America, in God we Trust.
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment