Remember! When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.
How wonderful it was, dear tour companion, for me to gain a whole new understanding of Santa and Christmas (from the Polar Express), of symbols and trees and wreaths and more, right here on the verge of Christmas! This week, so many of us will gather around our trees and celebrate the anticipation of Santa and the glory of the Virgin Birth.
For me, the perfection of Christmas is that each year I find that the sights and sounds of Christmas fill me with immediate and then enduring comfort and joy. The atmosphere of God and His Kingdom never seems more real, more tangible than now at the moment of Christmas-Come and that heavenly vision sustains me through the following year until I once again return to the inspiration of Christmas time.
So, I am glad we have spent the time of coming-toward-Christmas this year together. And I hope this night of anticipation and savoring of the good things of God will be enriched by the learning that we have shared about His generous good will and ways. I pray it has meant as much to you as it has to me.
Never have I understood more the massive draw of gift-giving that we also celebrate among ourselves each Christmas. And as we celebrate this culmination of the advent of the Christ Child and participate in all that gift-giving among loved ones that we will do tonight and tomorrow, may we freshly experience the nobility of giving and the joy of our attachments to one another.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas.
To be continued . . . Look for the last blog of the year on the 29th!
No comments:
Post a Comment