Tuesday, July 13, 2010

119 Steppin’ Out!


Meaning:conveying a significance that is not directly expressed . . .”

Astute Reader, you will no doubt recognize the process of the 7-steps of meaning-seeking coming into play in forthcoming blogs, and you may even see how some thinking demonstrates successful “steppin’ out” and some not.

Most importantly, it must be patently obvious by now that meaning-seeking is:

Number one, meaning-seeking is an exercise in reasoning;

Number two, meaning-seeking is an exercise that can be flawless or faulty;

Number three, meaning-seeking is an exercise that can therefore be a success or failure.

All of which “means” one gotta’ work at it to get anywhere with it!

To illustrate this, the pursuit of meaning can be likened to the Olympian pursuit. Only the best athlete will attain to the Olympics and what a show she/he will put on in their performance. Or the pursuit of meaning can be compared to reality T.V. shows where ineptitude is so prevalent even basic survival is threatened.

Strangely, each has a devoted fan base. I can easily understand dedication to the Olympics. I have no concept whatsoever of why anyone would waste time on reality T.V. Even little Girl Scouts know one needs to “be prepared” (Hmmm, do I sense a candidate for significant truth status here? I think I do.).

I have spent many years on horseback, in swimming pools and ocean surfing; many years hiking, mountain climbing (small mountains) and trail biking; many years in gyms working-out; many years going aerobic and pumping up (What a joke! Though I did almost get some muscular “definition” at one point.).

I learned to walk at least 10,000 steps a day, to do Karate and kickboxing like a pro and how to spend an hour and a half straight in briskly swaying, co-ed choreographed step exercises (What a high! Makes one feel like a Rockette—if one is a girl.), sweating copiously all the while (no sweat, no glory).

I know how to stretch like a rubber band and balance like a Yogini (fem.,Yogi). And I love it ALL.

Yes, at this point in my life I do have to do more moderate amounts of exercise not, of course, because I want to, but rather because I have suffered my share of injury in the past from strenuous exercise and know the time and fitness loss that can result. Not something I want to risk in my later years.

Now you may be wondering why I have regaled you with all this fitness talk. The answer is simple—read the next blog!

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment