Thursday, September 1, 2011

193 Significant Truth # 3: Relationship

So what about relationships, Gentle Reader?

It’s all in the mind: Relationship, that is. At the Divine level or the human level, what is in the mind determines our relationships. Absolute truth determines God’s mindset. Perceived meaning (unfortunately) makes up our fallen human relationships. Oh, let’s start from the beginning!

Hint: So far all the action in this little narrative has taken place in my mind!

Everything that appears in this blog had to first be framed and detailed in my mind.

When I perceived the singular nature of this inner process, I sensed a significant truth emerging there.

After all, I thought, what was I using repeatedly to explore God, or meaning or anything else?

My mind, of course!

Not that in the box-of-life I find so much attention being paid by others to the mind and its operations per se. I see most people “do” (command external things) with their mind instead of “be” (an internal reflective process), much less hold to any objective, absolute and worthy inner truth.

Now you have to agree with me on that one! Thus the phrase “What were you thinking?”—a rhetorical question implying that the person was not thinking at all, and certainly not systematically either; or else he would not have done or said whatever it was that provoked this outcry. But, anyway, “doing” is big-on-the-charts in the box of life.

Yet I say again, Gentle Reader, mind is what really matters in everything, relationships included. Therefore, when I’m talking more about being, I’m addressing the “being” that comes about in the mind. Though, as I think of it now, the “doing” is going to matter too. So, what-the-hey! As Significant Truth#4, I chose Mind—Being & Doing and we’re going to explore both Truth #3 & 4 in conjunction with each other.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment