My new orientation to life and relationships established, I took off on the trail of the spiritual reality of the mind (or one might say I began to focus on the being part of the human being).
I wanted to know, if not just bios then where-from zoe? Where did I get this spiritual mind, this zoe? How? And what is it? There was so much that I didn’t know and had never really considered before.
But my Bible had answers. Genesis 1:26-27 says, “Then God (Elohim) said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.’” When I read that, I (though I had read it many times before without an “ah-ha” moment) had an “ah-ha” moment and zoe connected with the image of God and then us, me— the human being. With that discovery, one thing led to another. Made in God’s image came to mean to me made a sentient being like God.
With this new and immediately cherished understanding, I noted that everybody talks about that statement—made in God’s image—though most just kinda’ hem-and-haw around, never fleshing out any really attention-grabbing musings on the subject (me, too!). But not this time, I vowed. This time I would overcome my own inertia and look deep into the great waters of zoe with indefatigable persistence.
So, to discover more as to what exactly defines a human person, I proceeded to investigate what a simple description of person derived from the doctrinal Christian teaching of dualism would look like. And what I found is that one can derive from dualism that a human person is basically built of two components: an invisible self and a visible self.
A person of pure soul-spirit is the nature of a person of the trinity (not us) who is also capable of being and doing in this pure form. But being the same and yet different from a purely spiritual being of the Trinity, a human person is built of a combined and inseparable soul-spirit in conjunction with a body, thereby empowering her/him with the capacity to be and do in our current form.
What a tier of discoveries!
I hope this strikes you as vividly as it does me. But, if not, at least we had a sharing moment!
Thank you for sticking with me.
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment