Friday, April 26, 2013

402 New Realities contd.



Being a practicing (not perfect) Christian, Gentle Reader; when the average questioner of me (whom, truth be known, almost always seems to have a specific bone to pick with Christianity) wants answers on the spot, I quite often find myself speechless at the gap in Scriptural background between us. Hence, there develops the makings of a tense situation for me as the saying “put someone on the spot” implies. I do so want to offer them something, something, well, something valuable to take away with them and I think most communicators all wish the same.

But thankfully, Christians have the Holy Spirit to prompt and inform each of us; and I have observed that under His influence, quite often less information is actually more—keeping things simple, and, surprisingly, frequently more eloquent and relevant to the listener than I ever realized. This understanding is also a new reality for me; and one that has given me a great deal of relief in dealing with what constitutes the duties of communicating.

To be continued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment