Friday, March 26, 2010

91 A Neutral Example of Who God Is.


Remember! When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.

Easter Week lies ahead and what better time to dwell on Who God is?

Earnest reader, I introduced Blog #88 Must Share Time last week explaining how I wanted to craft a statement about who God is and how beautiful and extraordinary our emerging understanding of Him is becoming. And then I went on to say, “But, truly, words fail me.” Then I decided to exercise my option of sharing the USA Today letter since I was at such a loss for words.

And so for 2 weeks you have been reading the result of sharing that letter.

Maybe I should have stayed with my own words, but I didn’t. See the power of choice? Ahh, but God promises that “All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).” And I’m one of those—on call for His purpose.

So, now, again because of the power of choice, dear tour companion, I am going to exercise another option— to approach our subject through close attention to teachings from scripture; to which, it is important to note, believers are required to defer. To do that, I will also utilize a more neutral example (I hope) and apply three major points scripture urges believer’s to remember when choosing anything but anything: God’s Authority, God’s Will and God’s Position.

Read along and see.

Matthew 28:18 NKJV God’s Authority—God’s authority is absolute (completely unequivocal and not capable of being viewed as partial or relative, Encarta).

Matthew 6:10 NKJV God’s Will—what God wants to happen will happen— God’s Will is accomplished by His faculty of command—the operation of issuing orders—with the product being the result of His orders, that is of His marching orders.

Matthew 6: 13, 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 God’s Position—God’s position is above all things.

And now, to illustrate the preeminence of the Godhead and more neutrally illustrate the implications of those 3 major points (more neutrally than using too colorful or highly charged examples), consider this analogy:

Position, will and authority of the Godhead over all Creation is much like the position, will and authority of the elected American President over the United States of America.

Primarily, our President is the people’s Supreme Commander much in the way God is the believer’s Supreme Commander.

The chief similarity between the two is that both have an agenda and both have followers/believers who “serve (their leader and his/His agenda) at his/His pleasure.”

The chief difference between the worldly and the Godly commander is that the person, power and position of the American President can change from election to election; while scripture says the person, power and position of God never changes and His agenda is always perfect. Further, some presidencies are “good” and others are not; while scripture says God’s reign is always good.

My point? As great as the office of the president is, insightful reader, scripture says the Godly Office is always greater. Remember that when choosing anything. Remember that when choosing to whom to bow or defer, when choosing whom to believe.

For example, dear sharp reader, when God’s Word, The Bible, teaches that the Godhead Community and rule of pure goodness is the one true and unfailing source of example and leadership for good on earth, we best believe it. When scripture teaches that all other offices or positions whether president, pontiff, potentate, judge, king, preacher, teacher, prophet, saint, goddess, guru, shaman, dalai lama, neighbor, enemy, criminal, deviant, professional, world power, dominion or whatever are merely, at best (in a fallen world), weak reflections of the position of Supreme Commander held by the Triune Godhead, there is no equivocation in that teaching.

Our God, our Triune God, dear reader, our Godhead, the only living Godhead (Matthew 16:16) with all knowledge, the perfect mindset, the spiritually quickened mind, the sound mind and the right mind with rich mind-emotion ties, emotional discipline and unfailing good will, this is our God the utmost God!

Again and again, His scripture proves that His authority, His will, His position will continue, cannot be contested any more than He allows, and will never be overcome.

That’s who God is—the divine and empowered person, the fully and perfectly realized spiritual being of the Godhead; and in Christ Jesus, our courageous rescuer and the embodied type and model for all human being and doing.

Is that not beautiful and extraordinary?

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment