Tuesday, March 30, 2010

92 Disclaimer Moment!


Remember! When I refer to person in the Godhead in any blog, I am referring either to singular person (one-of-three) or to the collective person (three-in-one) of the Triune.

I’m having a disclaimer moment as I call it (something a lot like a hot flash) and this is it: Truth is absolute. My 100% understanding of truth is not.

Once again, gentle reader, I ask you to remember that I am relating to you what Holy Spirit has seen fit to point out to me in scripture overtime and at this juncture (Luke 24:45). I may not quite have every concept situated just so. Sorting something out is one thing. Putting it all back together is another. It “do” take time and effort!

Consider this, gentle reader, facts can be readily memorized, processed quickly; but to reach even normal understanding one must, among other things, be willing to explore, sample and select, absorb and assimilate a broad range of concepts and ideas, all the while carefully observing how such concepts and ideas relate to one another.

Uniquely, understanding of scripture expands beyond the normal understanding process in a human being, in you and in me, by the power of Holy Spirit. The role for each of us in this dynamic is to graciously invite in Holy Spirit, invite His supernatural assistance in the effort to understand. He is sent to guide, accompany and empower us (John 14:26). To gratefully receive His indwelling is critical.

At the same time we are to always allow for unevenness in growth and development in understanding from person to person. We are to always allow each little upwardly-struggling tendril each one of us represents leeway in comprehension and the ability to turn around and faultlessly grasp and express thoughts, and forgive each other when we don’t.

In fact, I have no doubt there is so much more yet for me to see, yet for me to understand.

I have no doubt that in the unevenness of development between and among human beings, there are things Holy Spirit has richly explained to you that I have yet to see and would be fascinated for you to share with me.

I also have no doubt that your rich personal understandings often find my understandings meager and immature. And you are right—they are, on too many occasions they are meager and immature in many ways.

If you remember, I am an airhead debutante on a lifelong spiritual odyssey here, relying solely on the Grace of God to save me from myself, the world and the adversary. I routinely remind God of that fact, too, that I am dependent on what He has promised to those who seek Him in Christ. I remind Him that I am counting on the fact that scripture says that “He who has begun a good work in you (or me) will complete it . . . (Philippians 1:6)”

As I have said before, the credit for the amazing understandings available (and I think there are many) in this blog all goes to Holy Spirit. But please remember, dear, dear, dear, dear reader, any fault goes to me alone. I am a work in progress.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment