Inspired by Lost, I want to remark some on thinking before I go back to my narrative on Significant Truth #1: God. Only, I guess I could argue I never left the subject of God because the "On Lost" Blog was all about God, too! As this one is. Anyway, again I have to thank Lost for keeping our Triune God and His value system in the national consciousness. If you noticed, never once did the tragedy and ruin of sin and evil get left out of the years of episodes, or the appeal and value of pure goodness either. Good thinking, Lost!
So, let's talk on thinking for a bit, specifically on an obvious central tenant of thinking in general: Thinking is important because what we think is what we do (whether we are God, human or Satan). Another critical tenant of thinking is its type: Whether it is good or bad thinking. I just congratulated Lost on good thinking.
To define good thinking as used in this blogsite, I use the Judeo-Christian concept of righteous thinking or good thinking. This good thinking is the Triune God's thinking, thinking with a strong, fully integrated, omnipresent and ruling moral component composed of pure goodness, and the only truly and fully good thinking. In humans, I define good thinking, or good human thinking, as Scripture defines it--thinking that always defers to God's thinking, embracing His moral component.
If you remember Blog #104: Ergon--Ma'aseh--Ergon, this was a blog on God's works, human works and Satan's works; and how God's works are always but always based on His superb value system of pure goodness (morality); while human works run the gamut from moral, to mixed, to amoral and are frequently based on any fractured or arbitrary value system with which humans become enchanted (if the human has any value system at all, much less a systematic value system). Satan's works are basically antithetical to God's (amoral).
In that blog, I proposed this kind of good thinking:
The "dangerous dabbling with horrific outcomes which mankind can and routinely does before he knows how to undo his presumptuous behavior occurs throughout recorded human history."
I call this insight on man's works good thinking because it is thinking based on fact, it's thinking based on history, and it's thinking derived from reliance upon an external value system based on good, the value system of the Triune God. And I'm not the only one whose thinking complies with proven external standards in a way a lot like this.
Lost, again, for instance, sees the Dharma Project as dangerously destabilizing the island's electromagnetic field and describes Whidmore (Penny's father) as desiring to recklessly profit from that same island phenomena. In fact, protecting the island's unique resources from self-serving exploitation becomes a major life and death theme of the production. Good thinking, right? Yes. And as we know (now), it is Judeo-Christian (Godly) thinking. Christians and Jews alike are called by Scripture, by God Himself, to good thinking, thinking which prominently includes, among other primary values, being good and responsible stewards of Creation in His Name.
To be Continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment