Gentle Reader, I see being human—being people—as a great challenge to
everyone alive. Individually, it is challenging; and of even
greater challenge is the group dynamic of being human. I see clarity on the
great value of replacing evil with good as a great good for all people, for the
whole human race. I see careful think-throughs and differentiating right from
wrong as something that really matters among people, determining how well or
how poorly they interrelate and communicate.
Many do not agree. Take for example “Rocky Hardcastle”
father of Lionel in As Time Goes By on
PBS. When advised by his son to think out something (I forget what) before he
acts, Rocky remarks emphatically, “A think-through! Those take too long!” He
may be forgiven because he is after all of “great age” and terminally ill.
Despite this argument, thorough think-throughs do improve
living and help develop good judgment. Good judgment (as well as good memory) among
people matters especially in the group dynamic; good manners matter; loving,
interactive parenting matters; practicing obedience to God Most High matters.
Everything we think or do in life matters. And the careful think-through is the
foundation of all good standards.
Quality standards held by people singly and in relationship
with others also always matter. The quality of standards held forms the very
character of the individual and of the group, be it good or evil. Quality,
positive or negative, also explains why I have chosen The Bible as the most sane set of standards existing in this world for
relationship and behavior in any world. Combined with seasoned wisdom, the standards
of the Holy Bible are always eternally applicable to all human relations that
ever will be, or ever were, since time began.
To be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment