Tuesday, July 23, 2013

424 Getting Somewhere



It’s coming time to close what I have, upon reflection, confirmed to be a fairly accurate record of the why and how of the spiritual journey I chose to chronicle in this blog.

As I reflected upon what has been written so far and what more might come, I realized, Faithful Reader, that I am getting great results from the Odyssey I have been describing so intimately over the past years. 

If you can agree that up until now my writings have been a description of the "getting somewhere" in a spiritual odyssey, then I can move on. I hope you do agree. 

So now I want to rightfully conclude this portion of our tête-à-tête with a summation of sorts, even though the odyssey as a whole is not yet over.

Perhaps you have noticed, at this point the label airhead debutante no longer covers who I am.

Yes, I have been getting results in my personal growth, Gentle Reader: Great Results, I think!

When talking about results in life, let me remind you that it is my conviction that, overall, there is nothing like a thorough sort-out for getting great results--it always does the heart good! And it has done and continues to do so for me.

New and fresh thinking abounds in me now, thinking that began to emerge over the years of my “sort-out” for sane reasoning in a frequently insane-seeming world. It’s taken time, but I am learning that any number of misjudgments (however great or small) can be erased and replaced with right thinking, feeling and purposing. Let me assure you, that particular new conviction does do my heart good!

But aren’t there more results, you might ask? Yes! There are. And I am happy to say that at this point in my quest, that is "getting somewhere", I am acquiring a stand-out list of great results as a benefit of the effort I have spent to take stock of my life and experience. In fact, reading that list might just get you as excited about a spiritual odyssey as I continue to be. So, enjoy what follows!

Stand-out Benefits of a Spiritual Odyssey: You can realize that . . .
A quest for God (in Christ) always changes things.

Sort-outs are really an evaluation and selection process.

Sort-outs regularly produce new and better thinking as old, unsubstantial thinking passes away.

New thinking can result in an abundance of good spiritual results in your life.

Agile Montage Thinking is a mega result of practicing wrapping one’s mind around big ideas that sort-outs regularly encounter.

Communication is greatly enhanced by all the mind toning accomplished in the effort of performing regular sort-outs.

Therefore, a sort-out is a journey, not a destination—each time one comes back to a sort-out, both old and new subjects are amplified and improved—understanding increases, wisdom expands. There is great personal satisfaction and content in having gone deep and thorough in sort-outs, Gentle Reader, be it of files, cabinets, clothes . . . or of the very plan and purpose of life!

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment